Join a Special Interest Group
The 19 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) have a lot to offer their affiliates. Since 2012, all SIG affiliates can access every SIG's Perspectives—that's 200 new articles annually and more than 2,500 archived articles.
Renew Your Dues and Start Your SIG Affiliation Now!
What are the many benefits if I join a SIG?
- Stay Informed. Perspectives, exclusive online periodicals for the Special Interest Groups, provide a wealth of information on those subjects of most concern to you. By joining one SIG, you gain access to read Perspectives for all 19 SIGs—access to more than 2,500 archived articles and over 200 new articles published annually! Read a sampling of Perspectives articles from all 19 SIGs.
- Earn CEUs for $5. Earn 0.1–0.4 ASHA CEUs per issue of your SIG's Perspectives for only $5; take the exam online and get results and a certificate of completion immediately.
- Save Money. Receive special discounts on select Short Courses at the ASHA Convention and on registration fees for ASHA's Health Care/Business Institute and Schools conferences. Money saved can equal or exceed $35 SIG fee!
- Network. 24/7 access to a vibrant online community of your peers, where you can collaborate, learn, ask for advice, and share your insights and experience. Take a free video tour of the SIG communities! Plus, meet up with your SIG colleagues at Convention and other ASHA conferences—each SIG hosts an affiliates meeting.
- Get Involved. SIGs provide affiliates the opportunity to serve in volunteer leadership roles to address professional matters within the SIG and larger ASHA community.
Who can join?
ASHA Members, ASHA International Affiliates, or ASHA Associates:
Must be a national member of NSSLHA or an ASHA Graduate Student member to receive this special rate:
How will I save money on CEUs if I join a SIG?
Each Special Interest Group publishes the online periodical Perspectives 1 to 4 times annually, and each issue offers 0.1–0.4 ASHA CEUs. As a SIG affiliate, you pay a $5 processing fee per exam for each issue, regardless of the number of CEUs!
Need CEUs for licensure and certification maintenance? How much will you save? Let's see the savings offered to a SIG affiliate who takes advantage of two Perspectives self-study exams...
||Nonaffiliated ASHA Member
|Pay SIG annual fee
|Take your Perspectives self-study to earn 0.2 CEUs
|Take your Perspectives self-study to earn 0.25 CEUs
|Take a Short Course at Convention to earn 0.3 CEUs
Did you already renew your dues?
You can still contact ASHA to start your SIG affiliation.
Questions about the SIGs?
Need to contact us?
- E-mail us at SIGs@asha.org.
- Call us at 800-498-2071 (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. ET)