Autism Spectrum Disorders and AAC
[+] Enlarge Image
Pat Mirenda, Teresa Iacono
This product is
for sale online.
Out of stock
Save 60% off the list price, while supplies last!
From Brookes Publishing Company
Pat Mirenda—a leading authority on augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and autism—and Teresa Iacono partner with more than 30 other experts to give readers the most current, in-depth information on a wide range of AAC methods and technologies. Through clear and compelling examinations of the latest research studies, professionals supporting people with autism will discover how these evidence-based AAC interventions can be used to
• promote children's natural speech and language development
• expand literacy skills
• modify challenging behavior
• build young children's social interaction skills
• encourage students' full membership and participation in inclusive classrooms
• give children socially appropriate ways to express needs and preferences
• replace unconventional communicative acts with more conventional ones
• help adolescents and adults develop strong social networks within their community
Readers will also get clarification of the common characteristics of effective AAC interventions and insight into the future research required to make AAC technologies more meaningful and motivating.
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.