SIG 12 Perspectives Vol. 20, No. 3, September 2011
This issue of Perspectives on Augmentative and Alternative Communication addresses AAC assessment, including the various roles that SLPs can play throughout the process. We also discuss which factors should and should not affect the decision-making process. Finally, we discuss the roles and training of AAC facilitators.
You will be able to:
- identify major components of the AAC assessment process and the SLP’s role in it
- describe the relationship between a capability profile and feature-matching
- explain the paradigm shift in assistive technology
- discuss decision making that is based on clinical assessment
- explain the role of AAC facilitators and how to train them
Take advantage of the $5 dollar pricing when you become a SIG affiliate. Learn how to join a Special Interest Group (SIG) today.
Instructor Disclosure: Not available. The content for this program was developed and published prior to the ASHA Continuing Education Board requiring instructional personnel to provide financial and nonfinancial disclosure statements.
9/1/2011 to 7/29/2014